Words can inspire. A few well chosen words can resonate with a person and positively affect the decisions they make in life. If one person finds a quote here that helps them in life then my job will be done.
Here’s 50 quotes to help inspire you and possibly change your perspectives in life for the better;
- You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.
– Maya Angelou
2. I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.
– Stephen Covey
3. I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
– Maya Angelou
4. It’s a wonderful thing to be optimistic. It keeps you healthy and it keeps you resilient.
– Daniel Kahneman
5. Your smile will give you a positive countenance that will make people feel comfortable around you.
– Les Brown
6. Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you’ll start having positive results.
– Willie Nelson
7. Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.
– Henry Ford
8. Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
– Vince Lombardi
9. Everything has beauty, but not everyone can see.
10. I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear.
– Rosa Parks
11. If you look at what you have in life, you’ll always have more. If you look at what you don’t have in life, you’ll never have enough.
– Oprah Winfrey
12. I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
– Jimmy Dean
13. Believe you can and you’re halfway there.
– Theodore Roosevelt
14. To handle yourself, use your head; to handle others, use your heart.
– Eleanor Roosevelt
15. Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.
– Les Brown
16. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover.
– Mark Twain
17. Work hard, stay positive, and get up early. It’s the best part of the day.
– George Allen, Sr.
18. The person who can bring the spirit of laughter into a room is indeed blessed.
– Bennett Cerf
19. Change your thoughts and you change your world.
– Norman Vincent Peale
20. Did I offer peace today? Did I bring a smile to someone’s face? Did I say words of healing? Did I let go of my anger and resentment? Did I forgive? Did I love? These are the real questions. I must trust that the little bit of love that I sow now will bear many fruits, here in this world and the life to come.
– Henri Nouwen
21. Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.
– Lyndon B. Johnson
22. I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
– Michael Jordan
23. Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.
– Albert Einstein
24. When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.
25. Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.
– Robert Louis Stevenson
26. The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.
– Alice Walker
27. The real opportunity for success lies within the person and not in the job.
– Zig Ziglar
28. Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living, and your belief will help create the fact.
– William James
29. Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
– Dalai Lama
30. A strong, positive self-image is the best possible preparation for success.
– Joyce Brothers
31. Correction does much, but encouragement does more.
– Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
32. I truly believe that everything that we do and everyone that we meet is put in our path for a purpose. There are no accidents; we’re all teachers – if we’re willing to pay attention to the lessons we learn, trust our positive instincts and not be afraid to take risks or wait for some miracle to come knocking at our door.
– Marla Gibbs
33. To succeed, you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you.
– Tony Dorsett
34. A truly rich man is one whose children run into his arms when his hands are empty.
35. A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new.
– Albert Einstein
36. What’s money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do.
– Bob Dylan
37. Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.
– Farrah Gray
38. If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.
– Booker T. Washington
39. Certain things catch your eye, but pursue only those that capture the heart.
– Ancient Indian Proverb
40. When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy”. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.
– John Lennon
41. The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
42. The most important thing is to try and inspire people so that they can be great in whatever they want to do.
– Kobe Bryant
43. A good laugh is sunshine in the house.
– William Makepeace Thackeray
44. No matter what you’re going through, there’s a light at the end of the tunnel and it may seem hard to get to it but you can do it and just keep working towards it and you’ll find the positive side of things.
– Demi Lovato
45. We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone.
– Ronald Reagan
46. Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.
– George Addair
47. Nothing will work unless you do.
– Maya Angelou
48. I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the water to create many ripples.
– Mother Teresa
49. What we achieve inwardly will change outer reality. – Plutarch
50. Say and do something positive that will help the situation; it doesn’t take any brains to complain.
– Robert A. Cook
It is worth noting that, as with many quotes on the internet, there is the possibility they may be attributed to the wrong source BUT this does not make their message any less valuable.
© Colin Lawson Books