Your own ego can be the one things that holds you back from growing in spirituality and in life. Here’ some of the most common ego traps you should avoid.
1) If you think it’s more ‘spiritual’ to ride a bike to work or use public transportation you then find yourself judging anyone who drives a car, you’re in an ego trap.
2) If you think it’s more ‘spiritual’ to stop watching television because ot rots your brain but then find yourself judging those who still watch TV, you’re in an ego trap.
3) If you think it’s more ‘spiritual’ to avoid reading gossip, tabloid or news magazines but find yourself judging those who do read those things, you’re in an ego trap.
4) If you think it’s more ‘spiritual’ to listen to classical music or soothing nature sounds but then find yourself judging those who listen to mainstream or pop music, you’re in an ego trap.
5) If you think it’s more ‘spiritual’ to do yoga, become a vegan, buy organic, buy healing crystals, practice reiki, meditate, wear hippie/charity shop clothing, visit ashrams and read enlightening, spiritual books but then you judge anyone who doesn’t do those things, you’re in an ego trap.
*Always be aware of the feeling of superiority, self-righteous superiority is your biggest clue that you are in an ego trap.
The ego loves to sneak in the back door. It will take a noble idea like starting up yoga and then twist it to serve its i#own ends by making you feel superior to others; you will start to look down on those who are not following your righteous ‘spiritual’ path.
Superiority, judgement and condemnation – that is the ego trap.
© Colin Lawson Books